Conditions of Hire
- Bookings are regarded as provisional until we receive a completed & signed Booking Form, and a non-returnable and non-transferable deposit of 50% of the total hire charge. The balance outstanding is also non-transferable and must be paid to Isle of Avalon Foundation two weeks before the event. If the booking is cancelled within two weeks of the date of hire, we shall require full room hire costs.
- Bookings will need to take into account the total time required, inclusive of set up & clearing up.
- For bookings of two days or more the hirer can pay a nominal extra fee for exclusive use of the room, so that it is not booked out during the evening. Please ask about this if it is something you require.
- Smoking is prohibited anywhere within the building. Premises are not licensed for alcoholic consumption.
- Dancing, or heavy movement of any kind, is not permitted in any of the rooms.
- The hirer should inform the management in advance if they anticipate using loud music.
- Candles can cause serious damage. All candles/incense must be placed in bowls and NOT placed directly onto the carpets. Any wax spillage must be removed by the hirer and reported to the Isle of Avalon Foundation.
- No items may be attached to the painted walls. Please use existing hooks or the picture rail. No drawing pins or nails may be used on the doors or woodwork.
- Hirers of the Avalon Room have use of a small kitchen next door, and hirers of the Miracles Room are able to make use of a shared kitchen. It is the responsibility of the hirer to ensure that the kitchen and toilet[s] are left in the same condition as they were found, and that cups and glasses are properly cleaned after use. Cups & glasses in the Miracles Room are to be found in the plastic box clearly identified. Hirers of the Miracles Room are requested to use only these items in the shared kitchen. Please ensure the Avalon Room kitchen is locked during breaks & after use.
- The hirer is responsible for any loss or damage resulting from room hire.
- The hirer is responsible for return of the keys after the room hire has finished, any lost keys will be charged at £10.00 for replacement costs.
- It is the responsibility of the hirer to turn off heating and lights on vacating the room, and to leave it in the same condition as it was found.
- The Courtyard is open between 9.00am - 9.30pm. Rooms must not be occupied outside these hours without prior agreement. If hiring later in the evening, or entering the Courtyard earlier in the morning (by prior agreement) please ensure you have been given the gate entrance code & have the phone number of the caretaker to hand.
- Overnight sleeping is not permitted in any of the rooms.
- The hirer is responsible for ensuring that participants are fully aware of any relevant conditions.
- Keys should be collected from the Office by 1pm the day before, and returned after the event by dropping them through the letterbox of the Office door before leaving. In the case of Miracles Room keys and returning out of office hours when the double doors leading to Office from the courtyard are locked, please instead drop them through the Oracle office letterbox – the purple door between the Goddess Temple and the main building.
- If you are advertising your event, please do NOT use ‘Isle of Avalon Foundation’ on your leaflet or poster, as it is important to differentiate between Foundation courses and private ones. If you need to put the venue please use ‘Glastonbury Experience Courtyard’. In general we do not advertise privately run events. Occasionally we have space for posters on our outside notice board, so you may leave us a poster, but we cannot guarantee this will be displayed. Please do not place your flyers in the Isle of Avalon Foundation’s flier rack at the entrance to the Courtyard. This space is reserved for our own courses & workshops.
Please Note: the Avalon & Miracles Rooms are accessed by stairs, and located on the first floor. The Star Room is located on the second floor.
Problems on the day?
Please call our caretaker Martin Jones on: 07561 044015
or in an emergency only: Jo Read – Office Manager: 07854 439989